Sharks prop Royce Hunt faces an extended period on the sideline after rupturing his syndesmosis in a tackle that resulted in Storm prop Christian Welch receiving a one-match suspension.
Hunt will have ankle surgery on Tuesday and the club expects his return to the field timeline to be around six weeks.
Meanwhile, Panthers forward Liam Martin may need NSW officials to allow him not to train before Origin II after suffering a head knock in Saturday night’s match against Sydney Roosters.
Martin, who was widely considered the Blue’s best player in their 26-18 series-opening loss at Adelaide, was ruled out of the match after collecting the hip of Roosters prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.
With the incident classified as a category one HIA, Martin faces an 11-day standdown period, which will enable him to play in Origin II at Suncorp Stadium on June 21.
Penrith prop Moses Leota also failed to finish the match due to a Category 2 HIA after copping the point of Waerea-Hargreaves elbow attempting to tackle his Kiwis teammate.
A huge boost for the Cowboys with forward leader Jason Taumalolo named to make his return from the knee injury that has sidelined him since Round 7.
Meanwhile, the Roosters have confirmed halfback Sam Walker will meet with a surgeon this week to review his ACL sprain. After being dropped from the NRL squad, Walker hasn’t appeared in reserve grade since Round 9.
Centre Billy Smith has resumed full team training after missing Round 15 with a bruised sternum and has been named to face the Knights on Saturday.
Storm centre Reimis Smith came from the field early against the Sharks due to a hamstring complaint but has been named to face Wests Tigers but back-rower Eliesa Katoa, who went to hospital after the match with an eye injury, won’t play in Round 16.
On Friday night at 4 Pines Park the Dolphins suffered an early blow when centre Brenko Lee just 14 minutes before hobbling off with an ankle injury.
Lee suffered a calf injury the previous week against the Warriors and was touch-and-go for Round 15 but he took his place in the side, only to succumb to another injury.
The Dolphins also lost hooker Jeremy Marshall-King to a recurrence of the shoulder injury which kept him out of the Round 14 clash against the Warriors.
Wests Tigers skipper Api Koroisau suffered a broken jaw against the Titans and is set to miss at least six weeks. There was another blow for the Tigers in the second half with halfback Luke Brooks leaving the field with a hamstring injury which is set to sideline him for 4-6 weeks.
To view the complete NRL Casualty Ward, please visit the hub page.
Your club’s Casualty Ward
Chemist Warehouse Casualty Ward
- Selwyn Cobbo (hip, TBC)
- Trey Mooney (hand, Round 16-18)
- Adrian Trevilyan (shoulder/knee, Round 21)
- Corey Harawira-Naera (seizure/medical, indefinite)
- Sam Hughes (pectoral, Round 16)
- Raymond Faitala-Mariner (illness, Round 17)
- Luke Thompson (foot, Round 17)
- Bailey Biondi-Odo (knee, Round 21)
- Viliame Kikau (pectoral, Round 22)
- Toby Rudolf (foot, Round 18)
- Royce Hunt (ankle, Round 22)
- Kade Dykes (knee, season)
- Brenko Lee (ankle, TBC)
- Jeremy Marshall-King (shoulder, TBC)
- Sean O’Sullivan (pectoral, Round 17-18)
- Felise Kaufusi (suspended, Round 17)
- Anthony Milford (suspended, Round 19)
- Jarrod Wallace (suspended, Round 19)
- Tom Gilbert (shoulder, season)
- David Fifita (concussion, Origin II)
- Kieran Foran (toe, Round 17)
- Aaron Booth (knee, indefinite)
- Beau Fermor (knee, season)
- Aaron Woods (thumb, Round 17)
- Kelma Tuilagi (facial fracture, Round 18)
- Brad Parker (elbow, Round 18)
- Jake Trbojevic (calf, Round 19)
- Ben Trbojevic (hamstring, indefinite)
- Eliesa Katoa (eye, TBC)
- Reimis Smith (hamstring, Round 16)
- Jonah Pezet (collarbone, Round 16)
- Justin Olam (head knock, Round 17)
- Christian Welch (suspended, Round 17)
- Ryan Papenhuyzen (knee, indefinite)
- Dean Ieremia (knee, season)
- Lachlan Fitzgibbon (calf, Round 16)
- Oryn Keeley (elbow, Round 16)
- Hymel Hunt (knee, Round 20-21)
- Krystian Mapapalangi (shoulder, indefinite)
- Jayden Brailey (knee, season)
- Jason Taumalolo (knee, Round 16)
- James Tamou (foot, indefinite)
- Tom Chester (knee, season)
- Ryan Matterson (calf, Round 16)
- Josh Hodgson (neck, Round 17)
- Shaun Lane (hamstring, Round 18-19)
- Joe Ofahengaue (calf, indefinite)
- Wiremu Greig (foot, indefinite)
- Zac Hosking (rested, Round 16)
- Moses Leota (head knock, Round 16)
- Nathan Cleary (hamstring, Round 20-21)
- Taylan May (knee, season)
- Davvy Moale (knee, Round 16)
- Cameron Murray (groin, Origin II)
- Latrell Mitchell (calf, Origin II)
- Jai Arrow (ankle, Round 21-22)
- Tom Burgess (back, indefinite)
- Cody Walker (quad strain, TBC)
- Jack Bird (rested, Round 17)
- Jack de Belin (head knock, Round 17)
- Tyrell Fuimaono (hip, indefinite)
- Cody Ramsey (illness, season)
- Billy Smith (sternum, Round 16)
- Fletcher Baker (head knock, TBC)
- Robert Toia (jaw, TBC)
- Victor Radley (suspended, Round 17)
- Joseph Suaali’i (suspended, Round 18)
- Sam Walker (knee, TBC)
- Brandon Smith (thumb, Round 19)
- Connor Watson (knee, Round 20)
- Paul Momirovski (shoulder, Round 22)
- Dylan Walker (toe, Round 17)
- Edward Kosi (knee, Round 17)
- Rocco Berry (concussion, Round 17)
- Te Maire Martin (leg, Round 17)
- Mitch Barnett (suspended, Round 18)
- Jazz Tevaga (calf, indefinite)
- Valingi Kepu (foot, season)
- Luke Brooks (hamstring, Round 20-21)
- Api Koroisau (jaw, Round 22-23)
- Charlie Staines (stomach, indefinite)
- Adam Doueihi (knee, season)